Tailgater Team Challenge
Calling all tailgater trendsetters! Come out and enter the Tailgater Team Challenge to see if the judges will shake their tail feather for your tailgater chicken wings!
- This is a chicken wing and drumettes competition
- Entry fee is $75/team for a maximum of 2 people per team
- Entry fee includes entry for two into the Big Q plus 25 pounds of chicken wings/drumettes the morning of the competition
- Sampling plates and napkins will be provided
- All other barbecue equipment and supplies must be provided by the team
- Space is limited to the first 20 teams
- The winning team receives a trophy, bragging rights plus $250
Approximately 25 pounds of wings/drumettes will be supplied to each team the morning of the competition. The winner of this competition is determined by a panel of celebrity judges. Each team will sample out two pieces (wing/drumettes) or an approximate two (2) ounce portion for public tasting requiring a ticket be redeemed by guest. Tickets will be turned in at the end of the competition and will be counted.
Registration includes a 10 ft. wide x 10 ft. space, admissions into the Big Q for the team. Power is not provided. Hot coal must be placed in coal buckets, provided, or removed by team at end of the competition. Teams must be in place no later than 10 am and ready to serve by 1 pm. Teams must stay in place until end of Big Q Awards Ceremony starting at 5 pm.
Registration fees are non-refundable after June 1, 2017.
Directions and additional information will be sent to you prior to the competition.