Bold Bean Challenge Teams
Here is your opportunity to show off your perfect Bold Beans recipe. Traditionally, firehouses have shown great pride in their chili and beans, and rivalries can be fierce … can you take the heat? This competition pits you against each other in friendly, fired-up competition. Whether you are a firefighter or not, we want you to enter your best beans in the Bold Bean Challenge! It is not mandatory that the beans be prepared on the grill, but strongly encouraged.
General Information and Requirements:
- There is no registration fee to compete in the Bold Bean Challenge. You will be asked to provide at least 250 – two (2) ounce samples of beans prepared any way you wish.
The winner of the People’s Choice Award in the Bold Bean Challenge will receive a trophy, $100 cash prize and bragging rights!
Public Tasting/People’s Choice Sampling
- A REQUIREMENT of this competition is to provide sampling to the public. Each sample should be a 2 ounce portion.
- The Public Tasting will begin at 1 pm. Please contact contest organizer in if you need volunteer assistance for the Public Tasting.
- Each guest at the Public Tasting will receive a ballot to be used for voting for their favorite KCBS barbecue meat, Winery Big Beef Challenge tri tip, Bold Bean Challenge, and Bakin’ for Bacon entry.
- Teams may sell merchandise (t-shirts, bottled sauce, etc.) for cash – not tickets (tickets are for food and beverage samples only).
- Paper napkins, forks, spoons and sample cups will be provided. Any other item needed to serve the public must be provided by the team.
- All Sonoma County Health Department requirements must be followed. Click here for the health department’s recommendations. No permit is required.
- Each team will be allocated a 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep space on lawn. Additional space is available for an additional charge. Contest organizer reserves the right to assign spaces. Need more space – please contact contest organizer.
- Pits, cookers, props, trailers, tents or any other equipment including generators, may not exceed the boundaries of the team’s assigned cooking space. No staking allowed on the lawn.
- Each cook team must have an approved fire extinguisher on site.
- Receptacles for ashes will be available for dumping hot ashes at the end of the contest. Please dump hot coal only in the marked receptacles.
- Please provide your own trash receptacles for your booth. Dumpsters will be conveniently located for trash dumping.
- No pets permitted in the food booth, except service animals.
- 20 amps power/110v is available for $25. If you need more, please contact Judy at 707-837-1928.