Bakin’ for Bacon Dessert Challenge
Do you love Bacon? Do you love Bakin’? Do you want to bring home the Bacon?? Then this is a chance for you to show off your bakin’ skills in the Bakin’ for Bacon Dessert Challenge!
The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive a trophy and $250 cash prize! Teams will also receive 50% payout back on each of the Bakin’ for Bacon tickets turned in during the Public Tasting. Tasting tickets are $2 each; bacon dessert samples should be portioned appropriately to reflect a $2 value.
General Information and Requirements:
- Bacon must be used in dessert recipe.
- Please provide description or recipe for your dessert. Email to email@example.com by June 30, 2017
- There is no registration fee to compete in the Bakin’ for Bacon Dessert Challenge. You must provide at least 250 samples of your bacon dessert.
The winner of the People’s Choice Award will receive a trophy and $250 cash prize, and bragging rights!
Public Tasting/People’s Choice Sampling
- A REQUIREMENT of this competition is to provide sampling to the public. Each sample of bacon dessert should be portioned appropriately to reflect a $2 value.
- The Public Tasting will begin at 1 pm. Please contact contest organizer in if you need volunteer assistance for the Public Tasting.
- Tasting tickets will be included in the ticket price and sold at the event. Tickets are $2 each. Teams will turn in their tickets at the end of the event and will receive a 50% payback.
- Each guest at the Public Tasting will receive a ballot to be used for voting for their favorite KCBS barbecue meat, Winery Big Beef Challenge tri tip, Bold Bean Challenge, and Bakin’ for Bacon entry.
- Teams may sell merchandise (t-shirts, bottled sauce, etc.) for cash – not tickets (tickets are for food and beverage samples only).
- Paper napkins, forks, spoons and sample cups will be provided. Any other item needed to serve the public must be provided by the team.
- All Sonoma County Health Department requirements must be followed. Click here for the Sonoma County Health Department’s recommendations. No permit is required.
- Each team will be allocated a 10 feet wide by 10 feet deep space. Additional space is available for an additional charge. Contest organizer reserves the right to assign spaces. Need more space? Please contact contest organizer.
- Pits, cookers, props, trailers, tents or any other equipment including generators, may not exceed the boundaries of the team’s assigned space. No staking allowed on the lawn.
- Each cook team must have an approved fire extinguisher on site.
- Receptacles for ashes will be available for dumping hot ashes at the end of the contest. Please dump hot ashes and coal only in the marked receptacles.
- Please provide your own trash receptacles for your booth. Dumpsters will be conveniently located for trash dumping.
- Electricity is available by advance request. Additional Fees may be charged. Generators may be permitted with prior approval.
- Water sources will be available.
- No pets permitted in the food booth, except service animals.